Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day TWO


Well, today marks day number two in my intern classroom and the only change today was the schedule was different because it was a minimum day.  I hung out a lot with "L" today as he worked on his task box and then during Art "B" was my buddy.  "A" enjoyed giving me a ton of hugs all day, to say the least I think I am already gaining their trust which is HUGE with these kids.  "J" actually said hello to me, which was HUGE for her! She doesn't talk to anyone besides her one on one.

The kids got out at 12:30 and all of them were picked up by 12:45, which meant a quick lunch before the team building inservice.  Wendy, one of the other gals in the program and placed at the same school as I went and grabbed a quick bite to eat and reflected on our past 2 days.  My classroom is the step down from the class she is placed in, once we get into the routine of our own classroom we are going to switch for a day just to see the difference.  During the inservice we reflected on team work and how important it is to use the resources that are available on and off the campus.  When the inservice ended it was off to our Tuesday night class.

Tuesday nights, will be spent learning about how to reach students who have a disability and are also English Language Learners.  The professor is great, she has 15 years experience in the classroom and is national board certified.  She is a wealth of information and one of the other girls in the group actually is serving her first internship in the professors resource classroom.  It is going to be a class I look forward to even after such a long day.

Tomorrow, we meet the last of our teachers and spend all day in ASU classes.  My favorite professor that I had last year teaches the morning class and I am excited because I love her teaching style and because it is classroom assessment. Then we have a nice big gap of classes to use as study time or nap time and then we have a 4 o'clock class.  It has been a busy week and it is only day two and not even eight and I am ready for bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment