The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter, and is about as ample at one season as at another. It is as well for cheerfulness as for warmth and dryness. ~Henry David Thoreau
S'more Cupcake
After watching countless episodes of “Cupcake Wars,” “Challenge,” “DC Cupcakes,” and so many others I finally got the bug to find a recipe for the s’more cupcake everyone makes. After lots of searching on google I found a recipe, thanks to Martha Stewart, click here if you would like to see the recipe. There is a link to the frosting on that page as well.
So, this past weekend I set out to FINALLY make them. It was the perfect opportunity since I would be in California and would have others around to taste them! Saturday afternoon, mom and I looked over the recipe and set off to the store to gather the few things that I would need. When we got home around 10pm Saturday mom and I started getting things done so we wouldn’t have much to do after church and before the VW club get together. As I was going through the recipe step by step and slowly (last time I tired to go fast when baking cookies I messed up, so now I read everything, ha ha) I realized I didn’t have enough cocoa for what the recipe called for; so, at 11pm it was off to the store for me, thank goodness Von’s is opened late :) Once, I got home it was back to baking and by 12:30am the cupcakes were baked and ready to cool over night.
Boiling the water
Mom showing me the correct way to "whisk" the egg ingredients
Mixing the frosting together
Getting the correct "peak"
I practiced my swirls a couple times and then went for it and my first one turned out the best go figure! I kept wanting to start the next swirl to soon, something to practice. As I was frosting the cupcakes mom decided she was going to torch them. They turned out great!
My first swirl
Mom "torching" the frosting
Some of the finished product!!
Overall, they were yummy but they could have used more graham crackers and frosting. Next time I am going to try and make a filling out of the frosting as well.
Not even half the dishes :) Thank goodness for dishwashers

Those look fantastic!!
ReplyDelete