Tuesday afternoon, my heart broke when I received the news that a lady I have looked up to since I was a child went home to heaven. Not only was she a woman of God, she was an AMAZING children’s pastor. I will always remember my “It’s great to be a kid at PFB” shirt and talent factory. It was during talent factory, that she taught us children about our spiritual gifts that the Lord blessed us each with. I was the only person who signed up to look after the early childhood children on the playground on Sundays, so she switched it up and placed me in the three year old Sunday school class as a helper, that year was the best year of my early life. The following year, I was co teaching the new three year olds with my mom. I cannot thank Ruth enough for believing in me and my spiritual gift. She has been such an inspiration in my life and my walk with Christ and I pray daily that I too touch lives of children like she touched mine. Today, I cried with others as her brother spoke about her life- never being down because of her cancer but living for God every day. Speaking on how much she loved teaching Sunday school and Vacation Bible School, I know when I think back to my memories of both of those she is always included in them. I rejoice in knowing that she is no longer suffering and is now in heaven with our God Almighty.
Sadly missed along life's way,
quietly remembered every day...
No longer in our life to share,
but in our hearts, you're always there.
No comments:
Post a Comment