With butterflies fluttering, the school bell rang, and I met nineteen students that I would have the joy of teaching. The students were so excited to be “big kids” and play on the “big kid” playground! During the first three days of school, the students did a number of get to know you activities and we read a number of books that involved the first day of school. By the second day of school, we had twenty one students in our classroom. I have already started to discover what students will pull at my heart emotionally and physically, but I can’t say enough how much I love these kiddos already. I left not long after the kiddos did on Friday and got to spend the weekend with my parents.
Monday marked the first full week with students and to say by Friday, I wasn’t tired would have been a lie. We have been having random storms that start just as I am going to bed and I haven’t had a good nights sleep all week. The students were calmer Friday then any other day, we have decided it is because the district tacked on an extra thirty minutes to each day and their little bodies are taking a while to get use to it. During the week, we worked on phonics, writing our numbers, taking a math pre test to see where the students are, comparing and contrasting Kindergarten and First Grade, and some geography. It was a busy, fun, and exhausting week.... Yet, I can’t wait to repeat it all over again with my own course work thrown on top of it!!!
Over the weekend, I studied up teacher edition books, went to main campus and sat in traffic (freshman move in) to buy ONE book because that was all they had of the ones I still needed to buy, and got my folders ready to go for Thursday. During this weekend, my youngest cousin on my Dad’s side moved into his dorm at ASU!! What are the odds that the two youngest end up at the same college- one as a senior and one as a freshman.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. Harriet Tubman



No comments:
Post a Comment